Ephemeritor
              Antiques & Collectibles

(844) 828-7855
P.O. Box 12048, Tempe, AZ 85284
   Facebook   

 


Shop by Category

Mission San Carlos Borromeo del rio Carmelo, Carmel, CA. 8" x 10" Black and White Glossy. Circa 1950. Very good condition.

SKU: Carmel Mission $3.95
Mission San Carlos Borroméo del río Carmelo, also known as the Carmel Mission or Mission Carmel, is a Roman Catholic mission church in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California. It is on the National Register of Historic Places and a U.S. National Historic Landmark. The mission was the headquarters of the Alta California missions headed by Father Junípero Serra from 1770 until his death in 1784. It was also the seat of the second presidente, Father Fermin Francisco de Lasuen. The mission buildings had fallen into disrepair by the mid-19th century, but were restored beginning in 1884. It remains a parish church today. It is the only one of the California Missions to have its original bell tower dome.